Due to COVID19, there have been a number of changes to the way we will be accepting property tax payments. Please review the payment options listed below.
- Checks and Money Orders will be accepted as always, however, we will not be doing any face-to-face transactions. Payments can be mailed or dropped in the Twp. Drop Box. No cash, please.
- Cash payment of property taxes will only be accepted at the Yale Branch of Tri- County Bank during their normal business hours.
- We will now accept credit and debit cards. Pay Taxes Online A 2.95% or $1.50 minimum charge will apply.
- Tri-County Bank of Yale will accept tax payments through 9/14/2020.
For those of us that may need some help, please keep in mind the following programs and agencies that are here to help serve our community:
Summer Tax Deferral
- Extends the due date of summer taxes until February for seniors, Veterans, and the permanently disabled. Application available at the Twp. Due 9/14/2020
- Allows taxpayers to pay down current taxes, Submit payments at township until last day of February.
Department of Human Services emergency tax relief grant
- Taxpayers assistance for those facing foreclosure. Apply at DHS 220 Fort Street, Port Huron, 48060; 810-966-2000
St. Clair Council on Aging
- Assist elderly homeowners with resources for financial assistance Apply at COA at 600 Grand River, Port Huron 48060; 810-987-8811
Veterans Trust Fund
- Assists active duty, retired and disabled Veterans. Apply at VO, 200 Grand River, Port Huron, 48060; 810-989-6945
Step Forward Michigan
- Grant program, interest free loan, 5-year lien; primary residence only Apply at www.stepforwardmichigan.org or call Blue Water Community Action Agency; 810-982-8541
- Extension of time to pay, adds a year against property subject to foreclosure but does not waive fees, reports, court proceedings, etc. Apply at County Treasurers office, 200 Grand River Port Huron, 48060; 810-989-6915 or www.stclaircounty.org/offices/treasurer